Bidet Seats for Bariatrics
Bidet seats offer amazing convenience, comfort and hygiene for people of all shapes and sizes, but there are a few considerations heavier individuals may want to keep in mind when shopping for the perfect seat.
First, we recommend looking for a seat with a higher weight limit. Most bidet seats are rated to support between 300-350 lbs, but several can support between 350-500 lbs, making them the ideal option.
Second, a seat with a wireless remote control is preferable to a seat with a side arm control panel, as many larger individuals report that the control panel can be difficult to reach and operate. A wireless remote, on the other hand, can be mounted on the bathroom wall or kept wherever allows the easiest access.
Finally, not all bidet seats are equally comfortable. Some bidets have a roomy seat design that makes them much more comfortable than bidets with a small seat. For the best experience, we encourage heavier adults to choose a seat designed with user comfort in mind.
Every bidet seat has its pros and cons, but this article highlights our two favorites for individuals over 300 lbs. Both of these are designed to support more weight than the average bidet seat, come with a wireless remote, and offer a comfortable seat
First Place Pick: Eco Nova
Details Coming Soon
Second Place Pick: Bio Bidet BB-1000
- Supports 400 pounds, and tested up to 500 pounds
- Powerful enema wash
- Strong water flow rate of 0.32 gallons per minute results in a quick and efficient wash
- Oscillating wash option
- Pulse wash option quickly alternates water pressure for a soothing, massaging sensation
- Adjustable water temperature, water pressure, seat temperature, and nozzle position
- Warm air dryer eliminates the need for wiping
- Built-in deodorizer
- Nozzles can be easily replaced at home
- High quality construction, with a long life span
- Large remote with east to press buttons
- Remote can be mounted anywhere on the wall and can be used by feet if needed
- Comes in elongated and round seat sizes
- 3-year limited warranty that can be upgraded to a 6 year full warranty for $99
- Not quite as comfortable as the DIB-850 for individuals over 300 lbs
- Tank water heating system provides limited warm water (30-60 seconds)
- Features plastic nozzles, which less durable than stainless steel nozzles
- Cannot sit on lid
- No one button wash and dry
- No LED nightlight
You Might Choose This Seat If:
- You experience incontinence or frequent constipation
- You are looking for a budget-friendly seat
- You find normal size remote buttons difficult to operate
- You plan to operate the bidet’s controls with your feet
- You want to be able to change the unit’s nozzles at home should they become clogged or corroded versus having to send the seat to Bio Bidet for servicing
The Bio Bidet BB-1000 offers plenty of comfort and convenience features as well as a higher than average weight limit and a wireless remote, all without breaking the bank. As far as bidet seats go, the BB-1000 is quite comfortable, though perhaps not quite as comfortable as the DIB-850, and it does come with fewer features overall. Additionally, the BB-1000 comes with a tank water heater that provides limited warm water (versus unlimited warm water), has plastic nozzles (versus higher quality stainless steel nozzles), and doesn’t feature a sittable lid, nightlight, or one-button wash and dry. Even so, it’s a good option for heavier customers who are looking to keep costs down.
Wash & Dry Features
The BB-1000 offers an especially strong water flow rate of 0.32 gallons per minute, which results in an efficient and effective cleanse. In addition to front and rear wash modes, the BB-1000 also comes with a special enema wash that sprays a strong stream of water into the rectum to loosen stubborn stool and stimulate bowel movements, making it a natural choice for anyone experiencing frequent constipation. It also features pulsing and oscillating wash options that can help stimulate bowel movements, relax tense muscles and soothe your nether regions.
The BB-1000 comes with a large, panel style remote with generous buttons and an intuitive layout. It’s also a great option if you have dexterity difficulties or plan to operate the remote with your feet, and it can be mounted wherever is easiest for you to reach.